Club History

Dungannon Golf Club was founded in 1890 and is one of the original founder clubs of the Golfing Union of Ireland.  It began as a 9 hole course and subsequently leased additional land to expand to the present 18 holes.  In common with other clubs of its vintage, the clubhouse facilities were small and primitive with an on-going process of building bigger and better. In 2000, the clubhouse was completely rebuilt on the site of its predecessors to provide the best facilities possible for the new Millennium. 


Dungannon is also home to Irelands' Darren Clarke, the 2011 Open Champion and it was Darren, a former member and now an Honorary Life Member, who officially opened the new Clubhouse back in June 2000.  At this time the Club reconstructed three holes to tighten the course and make it a greater challenge to the average golfer. One of these new holes,the signature 9th is now called the “Darren Clarke” which features a fairly narrow, ribbon-like crescent shaped green which is completely protected from the tee by a pond.